Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Beccy's Place Day # 3

In Australia it's already Day # 3 at Beccy's Place Month of Holiday Cards Challenge.  The theme is Night Sky.
 When I inked this stamp (borrowed from a friend and I do not know the brand, sorry), I inked the bottom half in Ponderosa Pine ink and the top half in Blue Denim Ink.  I stamped the image then added some blue sponging, and some white sponging,  tapped the top half with the versa mark ink pad and sprinkled  just a pinch of clear embossing powder and a pinch of silver embossing powder across the night sky before heat embossed.  I went over the stamped stars with a white pen and added gems.  The trees have a bit of white flocking for snow.  The embossed sentiment is a CTMH stamp on a die cut oval and mounted on a punched circle then popped on the card.
(That was a bad idea because I was holding the jar upside down when I opened it and the contents of the jar did not fit into the lid.  Yep, white flocking everywhere.  It wasn't quite as bad as when I hit my elbow on the table 2 days ago when putting the lid on the little jar of teeny tiny glass beads and I had glass beads everywhere.  And yesterday I had an issue with the gold embossing powder.  Can't wait for tomorrow's crafting adventure!

Challenges:
 

9 comments:

  1. Your card is fabulous Debi, what a spectacular night sky! I love the beautiful shiny stars and the snow covered pine trees in the foreground. The embossed background is gorgeous and carries the snowy theme perfectly.
    Sorry to hear about your flocking mishap, and the glass beads accident and the embossing powder mess. You and I sound like peas in a pod!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a magnificent night sky! Oeps... your craftingplace must look all glitterly by now :-) thanks for joining our November challenge, Petra DT Beccy's Place

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card Debi, the trees remind me of a Norwegian Forrest. I really like your starry night sky and the embossing in the background just finishes it off perfectly. Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges. Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful Christmassy pine tree scene you have made - a very pretty card. I loved your post and you did make me laugh about your "blunders", we've all done it!!! - I always drop my dog kibble off of the scoop by banging my arms - the dogs don't mind!!!! Thank you for sharing this lovely design with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Leanne DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb. Lovely Christmas card. Those trees are beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you aren't letting all these incidents discourage you. Your card is breathtaking! Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful! I love a traditional blue/white/silver card palette. Great job! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super creation for our 'Trees' theme at Fashionable Stamping Challenges, many thanks for joining in and sharing your lovely work.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is just stunning. Thanks for joining us for our Christmas Tree Challenge at Holly Jolly. Good Luck. Hope to see you again soon.
    Lynn, Holly Jolly DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.