Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Beccy's Place Day #8

News Flash:  I made this card without any mishaps!

But, let me tell you what happened to me yesterday....
After a lovely and yummy lunch with family and friends followed by some shopping, my mother and I headed home.  We stopped and got drinks for on the way.  As I was driving, I reached down to the cup holder, picked up my drink and proceeded to anoint my car, myself, and my mother with a large cup of sweet tea!  Apparently, as I placed the styrofoam cup in the cup holder I somehow punctured it close to the bottom.  The cup holder was overflowing with tea.  And there was no way to stop the tea from leaking out.  
By the time I was able to pull off the road, all the liquid down to the puncture had escaped.  What a sticky mess!

Back to my card for Day #8 of Beccy's Place Month of Holiday Cards Challenge, where participants are to use just part of an image.  I've used just a portion of a colored poinsettia from Beccy's Place Poinsettia Digi Set.
 I added a bit of shading to the precolored digi and some gold Wink of Stella to the berries. 
Hope you saw Beccy's
shading tutorial a few days ago!
The simple sentiment is a CTMH stamp.

Now, I have a sticky car to clean before going to Joyce's card class this afternoon. 

1 comment:

  1. I know I shouldn't laugh Debi, but I have to admit that I did chuckle when reading about your iced tea mishap. I've had similar situations where there's just nothing you can do... except laugh. I hope you managed to clean it all up before it got too sticky.
    I was pleased to read that you had a problem-free card make today, that must have been to make up for the iced tea incident. Your project looks fabulous, great colour scheme, and you definitely nailed the challenge.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.