Tuesday, September 29, 2015

CAS for Tuesday Throwndown # 264

Clean and Simple is the theme this week and Sugar Pea Designs is the sponsor of the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge.   I've used a set of dies from Sugar Pea Designs called Stitched Autumn Icons.
I've posted a closeup of each of the die cuts so you can see the stitching and fine details.  There is a separate die for the pumpkin and stem, top and bottom of the acorn and wings and body of the bat.  
I have a problem with CAS cards.  Sometimes, I don't know when to stop.  On the first card, I think it lost it's CAS look when I added the sponging.  I tried really hard with the next 2 cards to keep it clean.
I love the stitching!


This is glitter paper.

 

If you adjust your screen you might be able to see the zigzag imprint from the die on the acorn cap.
 
My teamies have worked very hard to inspire you to join this week's Tuesday Throwdown Challenge.  Please check out their projects and visit their blogs for more details. 
And I hope the products we've used from Sugar Pea Designs inspire you to visit their store. where you'll find stamps and dies.

I'm going to drop these acorns into a few other challenges:
 BTW (All stamps used are CTMH)



Thanks for stopping by today.
I love when I get visitors to my blog, any time, day or night.  
It's not like I have to dust or anything! 

14 comments:

  1. Love all your cards! The simple, fall colored acorns are perfect for our challenge! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards...I love those sweet little fall-ish acorns!! Thank youf or joining our challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such...hope to see you back soon!
    Diane CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Debi! Gorgeous CAS cards! That first one is still CAS, no worries about the sponging. Still fits the CAS definition. I love them all - yo've got some great dies! Please tell me - what is the embossing folder on the first card? I love it - haven't seen it around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous collection of CAS style cards. Thanks so much for joining us over at Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again.
    ~ Denise DT ~
    Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}
    {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, I love the colorful acorns. Thank you for joining us for the Classy Cards N Such challenge. Come back and join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your cards turned out terrific! Love how used polka dots for the top of the acorns and the body of the bats. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I love your cards. Especially the one with the acorns. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fabulous, Debi, and I think they all look CAS! I love your distressing on the first card and that terrific embossing folder. It's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They all look awesome and I would count them as CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have trouble with CAS cards, too. I love the texture and colors of your acorns, and want to thank you for joining our weekly challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such.
    Mindy~CCNS~DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great variety of cards! Love the simplicity of the acorn card -- definitely CAS! Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is CAS perfection, Debi! Well done!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did great - love the acorns the best!! Thanks for joining in on my Amusing Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ohhh LOVE the acorns!!! fun batch of cards!!! thanks for playing along with Cards In Envy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.