Thursday, September 10, 2015

NBUS Monster & Anniversary Mojo

Two cards today.

This first card, for a few of my favorite challenges, features some 
Never Before Used Schtuff.
The monster is an Inkadinkadoo stamp (printed on green, white and orange CS then fussy cut and paper pieced) from a set I won 2 years ago in a challenge.  When I saw the challenge theme at Double Click Skittles was Monsters or Robots, the song Monster Mash came into my head and I went digging in my stash for monsters, finding this NBUS stamp.   Doesn't he look like he's dancing?  I thought about adding googly eyes, but decided on a few skittles instead. 

Challenges:
Send a Smile 4 Kids Challenge - Cute Fall or Halloween Cards 4 Kids
Cards in Envy Challenge - Inspired by a Song (Monster Mash)
Double Click Skittles Challenge - Robots or Monsters
DJKardKreations NBUS #5 - Anything Goes (stamp)

 











Guess what?  The second card is for the Mojo Monday Sketch Contest.  I'm telling you...  I am serious about winning this challenge.  It's on my bucket list.  And, I like this week's sketch.
This one is an anniversary card using a House Mouse stamp, Taylored Expressions sentiment stamp and CTMH products.


Challenges:
 
Cuttlebug Mania Challenge - Anything Goes  (I've used 2 embossing folders, the large heart pattern on the background paper is a CTMH folder, the small heart pattern on the banner has no identifying brand name on it.  I think it came from Paper Wishes.)

 
*************

I'm on my way to the SSAT show in Westminster, MD tomorrow.   
If you're in the vicinity, stop by and say "hi".  
I'll be teaching Make & Takes at the Close to My Heart booth.  
And, if you're planning to come, click here to find a coupon toward your admission.


I'll be back in blogland Monday with my Mojo Monday card.
Hope you have a wonderful week-end!

17 comments:

  1. Oh my your monster is so cute! Love your card! And the skittles add an awesome touch! Your second card is gorgeous too! Thank you for joining the Doubleclick Skittles challenge! Design Team Member - Payel (Beau Monde Designs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sweet monster....so perfect for Halloween! Thanks for joining us at DoubleClick Skittles.

    Kim
    Skittles DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Thanks for joining the Stampotique DC

    ReplyDelete
  4. He does look like he is dancing and probably has more rhythm than I do lol Super cute, love how you paper pieced him! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Great Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, ha! I love the song Monster Mash! Perfect song to inspire this card! Love your card too! So cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This monster is too cute! I just dug out a VERY old Frankenstein stamp from Stampin' up and he will be my next project! Great Halloween Papers! Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member Carri~Abusybee Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's so much fun! I LOVE the great striped paper--and fun embellies, too! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frankenstein looks pretty cute (not scary at all)! Thank you for joining our “Monster” Challenge this week at DoubleClick Skittles.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •
    DoubleClick Skittles DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely! Thanks for joining us at FNF xx Jan DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those mice are so cute

    Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Halloween cards and this cute lil Frankenstein is just adorable! Thanks for joining the DoubleClick Skittles challenge.

    Terri ~ Skittles Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute, CUTE Frankenstein card!!! Love how he looks and wow - so much FUN!!! So very glad you joined us for the Use a Robot/ Monster Challenge over at DoubleClick!! We are so glad you linked up with us!! Hope to see you again soon!!!
    Taunya Butler
    DoubleClick Design Team
    http://daisiesgirl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet card! Thank you for joining us at Inky Impressions Challenge Blog. Maria

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an adorable card. Love it. Thanks for linking at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)
    Cheers!
    Gayatri

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute cards! Thanks for joining us at Cards In Envy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.