Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Christmas with fall colors

A quick stop at AC Moore (a local craft store) can easily turn into a not so quick stop.  I am half way through crocheting a scarf and am almost out of yarn.  The pattern called for 5 oz.  I bought 5 oz.  The gauge is working out correctly.   But I needed to make a quick stop to grab another skein of yarn or it is going to be a very short scarf.  So I was on my way home from my dentist appointment, feeling a bit sorry for myself because I need to get a root canal and crown on the tooth I broke (to the tune of $1800!), and decided to do a walk around the store before picking up the yarn.  
A pack of Christmas stickers caught my eye,
 and I forgot all about the tooth, 
at least momentarily.    
Here was a way to make another Christmas card, using fall colors, and still enter some of the current fall challenges.  I even did a little sewing on it and added another pinecone sticker inside.
card front - frame and sentiment stamps used are CTMH

inside of card
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
Cards in Envy Challenge - Colors of Fall
Craft Your Passion Challenge #280 - Always Anything Goes 
Sparkle n Sprinkle September Challenge - Anything Goes (I've used SNS Antiquities EP for the sentiment.)
Sweet Stampin Challenge - Emboss It (Sentiment is heat embossed.)
QKR Stampede Challenge #157 - 3 of Something (3 pinecone stickers on the front of the card; 3 base layers, gold, barn red, and textured green) 

20 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card and a great way of distracting yourself from root canal woes. My failed root-filled canal is being extracted in the next few weeks after over a decade of trouble. I am seriously considering getting a Silhouette to distract myself!! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT and best of luck with the tooth! April x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a BEAUTIFUL holiday card! I LOVE the wonderful stitching, the fabulous images, and the amazing texture! Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I love how you have done 3 of something. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative Christmas card! Just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede for the weekly challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the different textures in your card. Thanks for sharing it with us at 52CCT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! Those are beautiful pine cones. Anything medical sure can turn into a huge expense. You deserved a treat. Thanks for sharing your card with us at QKR Stampede!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. Lovely colours. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
    Cass xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just the sort of card my husband loves - traditional images in traditional colours, but with lots of interesting textures - well done. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT this week. Hugs, Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. une très jolie carte Debi, sobre et élégante, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card.

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do like these festive pinecones - lovely colours too. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great card, love the stitched detail. THanks for joining CCAYR challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card-so pretty and love all the embellies! Thank you for playing with us at Craft Your Passion!
    Carolyn, DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely holiday card! Thank you for joining our September Challenge at the House of Cards.
    Ruza, HOC-Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea to make a Christmas card with fall colors! Love this idea! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A super creation for this months theme Debi and clever idea for the sewing, many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty and such a clever idea. Thank you so much for entering our September Stitching Challenge. I hope we see you again for the October challenge Karen (DT House of Cards)

    ReplyDelete
  20. love your christmas card with fall colors!! thanks for playing along with Cards In Envy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.