Tuesday, September 8, 2015

The Itsy Bitsy Spiders

Today I am undertaking my least favorite job.  I am clearing the cobwebs in our crawl space so that the oil burner tech can come clean the oil burner.  Fun! Fun!  Granted, I am much bigger than most of the spiders.  And they are one of my favorite bugs, having collected them from under rocks as a child.  It's the darn webs with which I have issue.  This time of year there are spiders and webs everywhere, even on my poor blog....

(This spider is an Inkadinkado stamp that I won in a challenge 2 years ago and haven't used until now. )
 Once again I have followed this week's Mojo Monday sketch.  The papers are a combination of Graphic 45 and Jilly Beans.  I will now have the Itsy Bitsy Spider song in my head all day and probably spider webs in my hair, as well.
Challenges:
 
Send a Smile 4 Kids Challenge - Cute Fall or Halloween Cards 4 Kids
Cards in Envy Challenge - Inspired by a Song (The Itsy Bitsy Spider)
Love to Scrap Challenge #61 - Do a Double Take (at least 2 patterned papers)
DJKardKreations NBUS #5 - Anything Goes (stamp & Graphic 45 paper)

 

 ***********
I am also posting a birthday card I made for the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.  Mostly as a ploy to avoid the  scheduled task.

(All CTMH products, except liquid pearls and sparkle mist)

Challenges:
 


 
*******************
Yippee! Skippy!  I just got a call from the oil company.  They've rescheduled the oil burner cleaning.  I have 2 more weeks until the tech comes.  No sense cleaning the cobwebs today.  The spiders will rebuild in two weeks.  


 

19 comments:

  1. I hate spiders! But the one on your card is just too stinkin' cute. :-D Love it, Debi. So glad you don't have to clean the cobwebs today. I'm so phobic about spiders that I won't even clean the cobwebs until they are so full of dust that no self-respecting spider would live there any more. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't even go in our root cellar because of spiders and whatever other creepy crawly things live down there!

    I love your punched area instead of the stitching - great interpretation of the sketch!!! Thanks for playing at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debi, Love that adorable little spider! Too cute... and a great interpretation of the Mojo Monday Sketch. On another note, you are far braver than I am.. Spiders and I simply do not get along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cards, Debi, and great colouring :). Thanks for joining us at Heart2Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate spiders but LOVE your little cutie! Thanks so much for joining in over at Darnell's using your NBUS. Good luck. Kylie - Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Both of them! Love the border on the kangaroo card... thanks for playing along at Atlantic Hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your spider card and a perfect song choice for a card and our challenge! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Cards in Envy! Your card is so cute, love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific Halloween card and love your array of background papers - how fun! Thank you for entering our "double take" challenge at Love To Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That spider is so cute you can 'almost' forget he's creepy!! good luck getting the webs out - Yuck!!! two lovely card designs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute and fun Halloween card! You can keep all the spiders to yourself. They are okay afar, just not next to me..lol. Love the papers you used. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really cute card! I also love the name of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun card & I don't envy your housework job! Thanks for joining in on the NBUS challenge. Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the coloring of the spider. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  14. If only spidees were as cute as the little one winking on your card - in a tophat, no less! I love this card, Debi, and I'm so glad that you were able to postpone your web attack! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #5!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea to procrastinate with crafts instead of doing yucky jobs! Love your kangaroo card. Thanks for playing with us at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the Kanga! So cute! I would be avoiding your task too! Great cards! Thanks for playing along at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    Linda- DT AHSC
    www.scrappytherapy.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute cards, I love that little Kangaroo, so cute! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

    Brandi R
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh! Your kangaroo is so cute! Thanks for playing at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your Itsy Bitsy Spider! Perfect for our Inspired by A Song challenge! Thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy! ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.