Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Changes + CTMH Card Workshop 9/29/15

The theme this week at the Heart to Heart Challenge is Changes.  When I'm crafting, I am constantly making changes.  The card rarely turns out the way I first envisioned it.  
For instance... 
Yesterday I checked to see what the new colors are for this week's Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge.  They are Honey, Cocoa, and Poppy (I substituted cranberry) - nice fall colors.  I pulled out some Fundamental papers, which I love, and die cut this leaf.


As I was collecting papers and a sentiment to make a card, the remaining negative from the die cut caught my eye.  
Using the required colors, I used the negative and sponged 2 leaves, intending to group them with the die cut.  I also stamped and fussy cut the word "fall" in the 3 colors.  But in the CTMH stamp set with the fall stamp was a  pumpkin stamp that would  fit perfectly on one of these leaves.  I sponged a third leaf in the honey color, inked the pumpkin stamp in cocoa and then rolled the edges in cranberry. 
A bit of embossing and the card was finished.  And the original die cut will eventually find its way onto another card.

This card is entered into the following challenges:
 
**********
Here are the cards and a cute little treat box I made at Joyce's yesterday:




There are oreos inside!
 

22 comments:

  1. gorgeous
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fall card, thanks for sharing with us at Heart2Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your put the negative die to good use Thanks for sharing at MFP SFF,,,,,,,,,,,,Lis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pretty cards!
    Thanks for joining us this week at MFP/SF&F challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous fall card- thanks for talking us through your process! I often have the same issues! Thank you for joining in at H2H challenges.

    ReplyDelete


  6. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    makememories4life {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com





    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty fall card. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Fall card! Great colors and details. Thanks for playing along with us at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends challenge!
    hugs!
    Pam
    SF&F DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful fall cards. I like them all. Thank you for joining the challenge at Classy Cards N Such. I hope you come back again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been busy with many beautiful projects. I love all the texture and patterns as well as the design on the first card. Thanks for joining us at ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty fall card...thank you for joining us at Classy Cards 'n Such for our "Feeling Fall-ish" challenge! Hope to see you back next week!
    Diane CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your leaf card for the MFP/SFF challenge this week. Leaves are always my favorite.
    TFS!
    kReN@afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great projects! I love all the textures in your fall card. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful projects. Your fall card is a great take on this week's challenge at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge. Thank you for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is marvelous - fabulous treatment on the leaves and a gorgeous embossed background. This is a lovely card :-)
    Thank you for coming over to play along at ONE STITCH AT A TIME :-)
    Best wishes and Good Luck,

    IKE x

    DT for StitchyBear Digi Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cool to read how your design process went. I really love the final project with all the textures. Thank you for playing along this week at Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card with non white card base! Thank you for sharing with Sweet Stampin', hope you can join our new challenge tomorrow.

    Have a wonderful weekend, sweetie.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your "fall-ish" card with the pretty sponged leaves. Thanks for joining us at Classy Cards 'n Such for our weekly challenge. Please join us again soon.
    Mindy~CCNS~DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree with the others- very pretty fall card!! Love the texture of the background with your stamped leaf and other details :-) Thanks for playing along with us at the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge- hugs and have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely fall card! Thanks for entering at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful card! I love fall and I love your representation of it! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

    Brandi R
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a fabulous autumn card, such a beautiful design and great way to use your negative die cut.
    Thank you for joining us at Ooh La La Creations.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.