Friday, September 25, 2015

This is why....

I don't get my Christmas cards finished early.  I always have good intentions. Then I come across a blog with a fun challenge and before I know it I'm making a card for the 
2015 Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.
The fall coffee flavors are so yummy.  I made a list of some of them (pumpkin is my favorite) and created some background paper for this card.  I added a sentiment and  fussy cut digi image from TLC Creations.
Challenges I am entering include:
Fall 2105 Coffee Lovers Blog Hop - Fall themed
Cards in Envy Challenge - Colors of Fall


***************
Please don't leave yet.  I have another card to show you!
I may have veered from my Christmas card mission in making the card above, but I did make a Christmas card, too.  It is for my bestest college friend of over 40 years, Dawn, who lives in Arizona so very far away
 from me.  A few years ago she, her mother, and her girls got together and used pieces of cards I had sent them for various occasions to decoupage a wood tray on which I keep all my necessary stamping supplies.  It is the only gift I have ever received that brought instant tears to my eyes.  They had saved every card that I had made with love and sent that love right back to me.  So this card is for Dawn:
(Every year from birth I sent Dawn's girls a Christmas ornament, so this ornament is just for Dawn)

(This is a close up of the tag, stamped on Shrinky Dink Paper, colored and shrunk. The stamp is CTMH)
Challenges I am entering:
 
4 Crafty Chicks Challenge #265 - Sparkle n Shine (the ornament is made from glitter paper) 
Aud Sentiments Challenge #141 - Christmas + sentiment
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #330 - Photo Inspiration (I've tried to pick up on the color scheme, grays, black and white with just a hint of one other color.)
 
Amusing Challenges - Use a tag on a card 



37 comments:

  1. Your coffee card is gorgeous, Debi! That's a good sentiment - I might be using that one too! Happy hopping! I like your Christmas card too - great CAS design and the bow is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so beautiful, each in their own way, Debi! Love that sparkly ornament - it's exquisite.
    I'm getting ready to do a card for the coffee challenge myself. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY nice coffee card for the Hop, and the Christmas card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, Debi, love them both! Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that old time fashioned image with lovely sentiment and your Christmas creation is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet and perfectly Fall coffee card! But your story about your Christmas cards, and what your bestie did, really was heart-warming. How wonderful to have a friend like that. And the card you've made for her is extra special too. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice cards! And what a special story about the wooden tray.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely coffee card - have a grinder that looks like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards!! Thanks entering your ornament card at 4 Crafty Chicks this week for our Sparkle and Shine challenge! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an old-timey coffee card - I love the vintage theme of it. Your Christmas card is quite lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two beautiful cards! I love the stamped sentiment on the coffee card because coffee really is a hug in a mug!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these great fall colors! The orange and black are really striking!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute coffee card, love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  14. fabulous cards, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of your cards are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE the old coffee grinder on your fab coffee card.
    Beautiful Christmas card too

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great vintage feel created on the coffee card! The Christmas ones are beautiful too!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cards! Love the background paper you created for your coffee card ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that oldie coffe grinder. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your story of loving friendship brought tears to my own eyes, Debi! Your card is thoroughly stunning from the e/f all the way to the wee tag! It will be cherished. I think that decoupaged tray idea is brilliant!! TFS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great entry for Cards in Envy this week for our Fall Color challenge. Thanks for sharing this with us - we always love to see your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great background - you did a good job! :) Great colors, too!

    Mandy
    wmlacroix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your "a hug in a mug" card, it is beautiful. Your ornament card for your friend is absolutely fabulous. Your long standing friendship is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The coffee card has the perfect colors for our challenge! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey debi! Another great bunch of cards...love your coffee card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. how sweet of your friends and what a nice card. And, great coffee sentiment on your cute card

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great cards -- especially love the coffee grinder image!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a sweet card, and sentiment. Great card

    ReplyDelete
  29. Woohoo, Debi! You won over at the Coffee Lovers' Blog Hop! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so sweet. I love it.
    CONGRATS ON YOUR WIN I will be shipping your prize out tomorrow!!! Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.